Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Spice of Life

A little pepper livens up a recipe. Sure, the tongue is irritated and the sweat doth gush from the pores in my forehead and tip of my nose, but there is no chance to quietly sit absebtmindedly swallowing the food. Every spoonful matters when it burns.

At first I thought I wanted a strong woman who would be vocal about her grievances as she took no hostages on her trailblazing rocket-like ascent to scale the heights. Ailis came and went. And then I thought I wanted a quiet submissive woman who would carefully tiptoe around my brittle ego and mind the low glass ceiling. I got such a one exactly.

Human nature is impossible to satisfy for very long. While peace and harmony really jive with me, prolonged stability however revives the demoralizing spectre of boredom.

I am therefore resolved to introduce a little pepper to the ingredients of this very loving relationship.

Just a pinch, not a fistful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading. Exercise your right to free speech here.