Monday, November 26, 2012

Status Report

The rain is trying to be funny. I was NOT going to post this one, I was rushing off to go and play football instead. But just when I got to the door, the heavens unleashed a torrent that descended with with lightning and thunder. In Kisumu when it rains it pours. Now I hope the lights won't go out mid-typing as well because that will just be hilarious.

Dear reader, please try to ignore the fact that this post is an afterthought, a less-favored plan B. Speaking of plan B, I've been thinking hard about getting one. I'm at that age where confusion and existential doubt reign supremely. Career, relationships, hobbies, interests etc  are all aspects of a man's identity. I think I bury myself in reading, drawing, writing, blogging, music and football because when I allow my mind to wander, I become my own worst critic.

Right now my major interests are the Bible, World History and the relationship between them especially today. My findings? I'll tell you this: the truth is stranger than fiction, much more gripping than any novel. Besides, if all else leaves me behind and I go out of touch with fashion, gadgetry, career, entertainment etc, I want to stick with the Word of GOD.

That said, I plan to post entire webpages here, wholesale plagiarism, because the spiritual truths contained in them are critically important for this age. I recommend the site Bible Explained to all and sundry, especially for the more symbolic and prophetic aspects of scripture. Any time a verse defeats my comprehension, I dash there, and I have never had reason to gripe. You won't regret it.

Oh, look, the rain's over already. Perhaps the soccer pitch isn't too wet. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely.