Monday, June 22, 2015

Struggle is Real

I struggle with sin. What I need to do is overcome in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells me the blood of the Lamb is a complete cure and I choose to believe the Bible.

Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. But sin? I see what harm sin has wrought in my life and am grieved. For while Christ yet loves me, if I cling to sin my reaction is to run away from Him and hide.

Sin alienates me from my fellow man as well. My love grows cold, I forget the good feeling of selfless service and look only to my own affairs even to the expense of others. Sacrifice becomes to me a repulsive idea. Pride puffs me up and I am ignorant that the swelling is due to my own internal putrefaction!

I struggle with sin. I need to overcome in Jesus' name.

1 comment:

  1. By the blood of the lamb and the word of your testimony, you shall overcome!

    ReplyDelete

Comment freely.