Friday, December 9, 2016

Storming the front

I won't be fooling anyone
when I walk up to you
looking into your eyes
and declare with a big chest
"I want you,"
damn what you think,
and then I'll stand there.
Waiting.
Quiet.

The ground won't swallow me.
The sky won't fall.
Everybody will hear.
Everyone will know
the ball's in your court.

Nobody will be fooled
that I'm not scared
of losing you forever
on an impulsive gamble.
But
Suffer no more this circus
interminable small talk
occasional compliment
unspoken desires
weather updates
stolen glances
limp hugs
Child's play

But let the witness be
that I came hard after you
Like a predator in ambush
Hungry
ferocious
Tenacious
But you resisted stiffly
defending your honor
zealously
A ruckus was raised
A sore contest
A fight to the death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely.