Monday, January 5, 2015

No January Resolution

As has been the trend, end of last year found me attending Bible camps and congresses. A close relation commented that I am very committed to these things. Even this blog's past posts will confirm the trend of end year narratives mentioning camps in which the Bible is studied.

We learnt a lot. We always learn alot; they mostly teach us the same lots of stuff with a little variation. Still I attend every year, because, left to his own devices, a guy forgets, a guy backslides. This year the light from the Scriptures was particularly bright. Yet it was not all paradise. As always the food and accommodation was scandalous. But that's not why we were going, so let's lay that aside quickly.

Also the Ambassadors (age 16 to 20 or thereabouts) I found to be utterly insufferable. Maybe I'm the one who's growing old and grumpy. But the young ones these days are radiating too much heat and very little light. I know I was once that age but...

Okay I'm off topic. The point here is I don't want to be that guy who's always going and listening to the word of GOD and not practicing it. Let's not be those people. GOD help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment freely.